MHRD has launched the Draft National Education Policy 2019 (or NEP 2019) to the general public. Here you will find out about the changes advised through the committee concerning number one, secondary and higher schooling. You can also download the draft in PDF format from right here (in Hindi and English language).
Draft National Education Policy – NEP 2019: The last National Education Policy (NEP) turned into launched in 1986 and changed in 1992. Since then primary adjustments had been observed inside the international and in our u. S. And the schooling coverage had to be changed as in step with the modern-day state of affairs.
In order to make adjustments and implement new coverage from number one, secondary & better training, a committee become installation (June 2017) to put together a draft of a brand new National Education Policy, underneath the chairmanship of Dr. Krishnaswamy Kasturirangan.
The committee surpassed over the draft of its new National Education Policy 2019 to the crucial government. In order to research public opinion, MHRD has launched the draft to the public. Links to download PDF of Draft National Education Policy – NEP 2019 is given at the quiet of this newsletter.
However, the Central Government has not taken into consideration the recommendation of the committee wherein it’s been advised to make Hindi obligatory. After going through this text, you’ll find out about the guidelines that the committee has counseled for changes in education. Here you may also find out about the modifications suggested by the committee regarding number one, secondary and higher training.
Some essential features, tips & suggestions from Draft National Education Policy 2019:
– The Draft National Education Policy, 2019 is constructed at the foundational pillars of Access, Equity, Quality, Affordability, and Accountability
– Renaming of MHRD as Ministry of Education (MoE)
– Free and compulsory education from pre-college to 12th
– A foremost reconfiguration of curricular and pedagogical structure with Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE) as an indispensable a part of a school schooling is proposed.
– Extension of Right to Education Act 2009 to cover youngsters of a long time 3 to 18. – A 5+three+3+four curricular and pedagogical shape primarily based on cognitive and socio-emotional developmental stages of children:
– Schools could be pre-prepared into college complexes. It additionally seeks to reduce the content load in the school schooling curriculum.
– There might be no difficult separation of getting to know areas in phrases of curricular, co-curricular or extracurricular regions and all topics, inclusive of arts, song, crafts, sports activities, yoga, network carrier, and so forth. Maybe curricular. It promotes active pedagogy to be able to recognize the development of core capacities: and existence competencies, which include twenty-first-century skills.
– The Committee proposes for large transformation in Teacher Education with the aid of shutting down sub-trendy instructor education institutions and moving all instructor training/training programs into huge multidisciplinary universities/schools.
– The 4- yr included level-specific B.Ed. The program will sooner or later be the minimal degree qualification for instructors.- There will be re-structuring of Undergraduate packages (e.G. BSc, BA, BCom, BVoc) of three or 4 years length and having more than one exits and access options.
– A new apex body Rashtriya Shiksha Ayog is proposed to permit a holistic and included implementation of all instructional tasks and programmatic interventions and to coordinate efforts among the Centre and States.
– The National Research Foundation, an apex body is proposed for growing a strong research lifestyle and building studies potential throughout better training.
– The 4 features of Standard putting, Funding, Accreditation, and Regulation to be separated and carried out by way of independent our bodies: National Higher Education Regulatory Authority because of the most effective regulator for all higher schooling which includes expert schooling.
– Creation of accreditation eco-device led by remodeled NAAC; Professional Standard Setting Bodies for every region of expert training and UGC to transform to Higher Education Grants Commission (HEGC).
– The private and public institutions could be handled on par and training will stay a ‘no longer for profit’ hobby.
– Several new policy tasks for promoting the internationalization of higher training, strengthening excellent open and distance mastering, technology integration in any respect levels of training, adult and lifetime studying and initiatives to beautify participation of underrepresented businesses, and remove gender, social class and nearby gaps in schooling