Since the time world has moved towards the digital era and adapted to the latest technology, we have seen massive growth in the Information Technology sector. Therefore, increasing career opportunities in this sector has attracted people to move towards it. Digital Marketing, Affinity Graphic Designing, Web Development, or any other field related to the digital world has created many career opportunities for people.
One such fantastic career profile is of a graphic designer or an illustrator. This is considered as one of the most preferred career fields nowadays. Not just it offers a great career and money ahead, but it interests people, and they love doing this work.
Today, in this article, we have come up with a fantastic Affinity Designer iPad tutorial for you all graphic designers and illustrators outside who have a deep liking for their work but cannot afford costly monthly subscriptions of other apps. Affinity Designer is not a free app to use, but it will cost you much less than other apps’ monthly subscriptions as you need to pay one time.
All those people who were much awaiting for any such kind of affordable app, this is the right place to provide you with all the details in this article we call as Affinity designer tutorial book.
Before moving further to its accessibility, let us first briefly understand what this affinity designer is all about. A software company, Serif, created an Affinity Designer in the United Kingdom. It was created to work as an alternative for Adobe Illustrator. It is available for Windows, Mac, and iPads, and it extremely beneficial for people who work with raster images and vector graphics.
Affinity Designer Personas
This is one of the most loved aspects for the illustrators as they can use this in three kinds or personas, and those are, Designer Persona, Export Persona, and Pixel Persona. Let us now have a brief explanation of each of them to make you aware of their usage.
- Designer Persona: It is a persona to be used for vector graphics. It has tools like brushes, curves, vector brushes, drawing shapes, stroke options, crop tools, and transparency controls.
- Pixel Persona: Pixel Persona is a workspace tool that is much similar to all photoshop tools. It includes various tools like a freehand selection tool, marquee tool, an eraser, artistic pixel brushes. It also has tools such as burn, dodge, blur, sharpen and smudge for photo manipulation. These tools are highly recommended for digital artists and painters.
- Export Persona: It is referred to as space to export new graphics where artists can select their canvas areas.
Affinity Designer Pros and Cons
As we know, every coin has two sides, so does Affinity Designer has. Since we have taken full responsibility to provide you with all the details related to Affinity Designer in this article, it is our utmost priority to make you aware of its various pros and cons. Affinity Designer is a fantastic alternative for adobe. Usually, people switch to this because of its affordability but end up liking it because of its excellent tools and features.
Let us now have a look at its various pros and cons:
- The first advantage is that, in Affinity Designer, you can press the undo button up to eight thousand times which is too much and means that you can go back to the design history an unlimited number of times. Also, the design history never reset, so it is add-on advantage.
- You can create many layers of depth in your art as more than one fill or stroke is available for the design. You can apply numerous fills and strokes toa single object.
- A customizable arrow ending is provided to the pen tool.
- iPad users have a considerable advantage in using Affinity Designer.
- The bar at the bottom will show you the various ways in which you can use a tool once you click on any tool.
- Affinity Designer is comparatively lighter and faster to use than the other apps.
- There is no subscription-based system in Affinity Designer, so you need not pay monthly or yearly subscriptions. It is a one-time investment software and much affordable to the people who deal with economic factor issues.
- Although it has multiple fills and stroke options, they only work on objects and not on groups of objects or texts.
- There is no option provided to you for exporting files.
- There is non-availability of the natural perspective grid, but this is not a big con for you if you don’t use it.
- It becomes a little bit messy while making small vector edits as the designer persona does not have a vector eraser.
The Affinity Designer advantage for iPad
As told earlier, the Affinity Designer is of great benefit if you use an iPad. It provides a separate iPad version with similar tools to the desktop version. The Apple Pencil works very smoothly on pixel persona and designer persona tools. There are various points available that are called ‘nodes’ and can be customized on their own. The Affinity Designer is said to be the best design app developed for iPad till now.
Affinity Designer is a fantastic software for illustrators, designers, and digital artists. However, it was made to provide a cheap alternative to adobe and made its own identity worthful to purchase with amazing tools and features. It has easy accessibility and requires your one-time investment, which offers a great advantage to students and freelancers who cannot afford much to spend.
We have provided you with all details of this software and showed you all the pros and cons to give you an overview of what this software can do.
By the end of this article, we hope we have fulfilled our promise to guide you about Affinity Designer, and you have got much information on this. You can also have a one-week free trial to satisfy yourself that you are making the right choice.
So what are you waiting for? Just go and buy this right now!